Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

"The Firecracker"


    I wanted to make a little Independence Day themed story about a little firecracker trying to escape his doom. Little did I know, this thing was going to take four days to make, and I was hoping to post it on July 4th, but now I know to start a holiday oriented project before the actual holiday.

    I really enjoyed making this and I think I might have a newfound love of storyboarding and animatics. It's fun trying to exaggerate everything from facial expressions to poses to the overall drama of a situation. You might have noticed I drew some inspiration from the one and only John Kricfalusi. There's just something great about cartoons that have a bizarreness to them. I hope to make more of these, especially during my concept class this coming year at Ringling.

3 comments:

  1. Kevin! This is freaking amazing! Love this, love the shots that were used, it told such a good story visually. You're so good at storyboarding, I loved all of this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! Glad you liked it :D It was a lot of fun to do.

      Delete